Terms of Engagement
Courses and Training Programs with Birth, Baby & You
1. Personal Information
As a purchaser of The Infant Feeding Academy Course or Training Program, you have provided the following information:
Personal data that The Infant Feeding Academy may obtain includes:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number (s);
- Any other personal information that you may provide in communication with us
Who is this information shared with?
- The Infant Feeding Academy keeps your information confidential. The Infant Feeding Academy will not sell your information or disclose your information to anyone else on the program or any other third party.
- If you wish, The Infant Feeding Academy will publicise your business information and any personal details you feel are relevant to potential clients on the Birth, Baby & You website for one year from your course completion date. This advertisement will continue to be available for Infant Feeding Coaches that are registered with The Infant Feeding Academy.
2. These Terms of Engagement
These Terms of Engagement constitute the parties’ agreement and understanding in relation to the Services provided as part of the course, program, masterclass, workshop or study day you have purchased.
3. The Services (Please read the information for the specific program you have purchased)
Infant Feeding Coach Program
A 16-week program with unlimited access to pre-recorded sessions for one year from your course or program completion date
- FEDANT Accredited Certificate
- 13 live interactive Q&A workshops (recorded for you to watch again or if you are unable to attend). Please note: you are required to attend a minimum of 12
- Membership to the Infant Feeding Coach Facebook community
- Online workbook and course materials
- Group mentoring calls to answer specific questions and provide accountability
- Bonus workshops from expert practitioners
- Royalty-free support materials for your own clients
- 1 x face-to-face mentoring training day at clinic
- 2 x 1:1 mentoring calls
Tongue-tie Assessment – The Complexities of Definition and Diagnosis
- A program with unlimited access to pre-recorded sessions for one year from your course commencement date
- *FEDANT Accredited Certificate
- *Online recording of Tongue-tie Masterclass
- Online lessons, workbook, and course materials
- *One day live study day (online)
- **Mentoring day at the Infant Feeding and Tongue-tie Clinic
- *12 x Monthly live (online) Q&A sessions
- 4 x Reviewed case studies
- ‘Practitioner’ Membership to the Infant Feeding Collective for 12 months, which includes access to the IFA Hub Infant Feeding and Tongue-tire Resource library
- Royalty-free support material for your own clients
*available on the Accredited course only
**available on request at an additional cost
4. Payment in full and Payment Plan
To take part in the course. training program, workshop, masterclass or study day you have purchased you will have either:
- Made full payment via the website
- Committed to a payment plan of an agreed amount with The Infant Feeding Academy
If you are committing to a payment plan with The Infant Feeding Academy, please note:
- A certificate of qualification will be issued on successful completion of the course and only when full payment has been made
- Non-payment at any point during the payment plan will result in removal from the course, The Infant Feeding Academy will retain any payments made to that date.
- If you have agreed a payment plan directly with The Infant Feeding Academy that requires payment prior to the course commencing, any payments not made to meet this agreement will result in immediate removal from the program, with any payments made to date retained by The Infant Feeding Academy.
5. Protection of Services and Intellectual Property
- You shall not reproduce, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit any aspect of the Services, Intellectual Property or any associated materials provided by Birth, Baby & You, or The Infant Feeding Academy for any commercial purpose, or for other courses or teachings.
- All intellectual property and other proprietary rights in materials provided in connection with the Services are owned by Birth, Baby & You and The Infant Feeding Academy. These rights include without limitation: copyright and any rights in designs and content.
- You shall not acquire any rights in such materials without explicit permission and approval from The Infant Feeding Academy.
- You shall not use such material for any commercial purpose or carry out any action inconsistent with Birth, Baby & You or The Infant Feeding Academy’s ownership.
- If you become aware of any actual or threatened infringement by any person of the intellectual property and proprietary rights of our materials, you agree to inform The Infant Feeding Academy at once in writing.
- If any individual or organisation is deemed to have breached the terms outlined above it will result in immediate access restriction to any products purchased whilst investigations are undertaken. Following investigation, if a breach of the terms outlined above are determined, The Infant Feeding Academy will undertake legal action against the individual or organisation.
6. Confidentiality and Non-Disparagement
- Each party shall keep confidential all sensitive information relating to the other and their business. This includes materials provided in connection with the Services.
- Neither party shall use such information for any purpose other than that for which it was provided.
- You agree to allow your name to be seen on the video conferencing platform (Zoom) in front of other members of the training program
- Each party agrees not to engage in any conduct or communications, public or private, intended or likely to disparage the other or damage their interests.
7. Client Conduct
- You agree to behave professionally, courteously, and respectfully in all dealings with The Infant Feeding Academy and the collective members, any person(s) acting on The Infant Feeding Academy’s behalf, and any other clients or other third parties to whom you may be introduced in connection with the Service.
- You agree to adhere to any program rules which The Infant Feeding Academy may provide from time to time
- You agree not to carry out any action intended or likely to bring The Infant Feeding Academy, Birth, Baby & You or the Services into disrepute.
8. Liability and Indemnity
The Infant Feeding Academy’s liability to you in connection with the Services shall be limited to the level of the charges you have paid under this contract. This also applies to any breach of these Terms of Engagement or negligence.
The Infant Feeding Academy do not accept any liability for:
- Any personal information or details shared by you within the group
- Any circumstances that arise from your groups or business that may result from the course or training program you have purchased.
9. Photos and Recordings
- You agree for recordings to be made that may include your image, voice, name, and likeness over the duration of the course or training program you have purchased.
- Group calls will be recorded and used for further training and future courses or for distribution to the group, you will be required to have your camera on, if this is a problem for any reason please let us know prior to the commencement of the course.
- You shall not distribute or share any recordings during the course or training program or our coaching with anyone.
10. Medical Advice and Treatment Agreement
- You are not permitted to diagnose or claim to treat medical conditions outside of your scope of practice.
- Your advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and treatment.
- You and your clients are responsible for contacting a GP or doctor/specialist about any health concerns you may have.
- If you are unclear about any part of your training then you will contact The Infant Feeding Academy immediately for clarification.
- You agree to report any concerns about the program to The Infant Feeding Academy immediately.
11. IFA Registration & Recertification
On purchasing the Tongue-tie Assessor Award, or Infant Feeding Coach Program you will be registered as a student with the Infant Feeding Academy. This will expire one year from your course start date.
Following the initial year, to continue to use the Infant Feeding Coach title, students must re-register and recertify by:
- submitting 5 case studies and 5 infant feeding activity CPD reflections
- registering with the Infant Feeding Academy (as per section 12.)
12. IFA Registration & Fees
Registration fees are payable via a monthly or annual subscription*.
Following the initial setup and authorisation the fees will be paid automatically via our payment processing system (Stripe).
Failure for payment to be made will result in immediate removal from the ‘Progress and Mastery program, all online resources, and the Infant Feeding Collective Facebook group.
*The Infant Feeding Academy reserve the right to change fees and all registrants will be notified of any price increases by email.
13. Cancellation - Course or Masterclasses
If you need to cancel your place on the course, program, study day or masterclass you have purchased, please note the following:
- Refunds* will be provided on cancellations within 14 days of purchase, but only if cancellation is made more than 14 days prior to the course start date.
- Refunds will not be issued within 14 days of the course or program start date, once the program or course has begun, or the program or course is part way through, the full program fee will be payable irrespective of whether you participate, or complete the program.
*Please note that refunds will be subject to a £25 fee to cover merchant costs and administration.
14. Cancellation of Registration
If you need to cancel your place on the course or program you have purchased, please note the following:
- You must notify us of the cancellation by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refunds* will be provided on cancellations within 14 days of purchase
*Please note that refunds will be subject to a £25 fee to cover merchant costs and administration.